Your printer friendly content from www.vtsheriffs.com on June 05, 2023.
Vermont Sheriff's Departments: Caledonia County
Caledonia County Sheriff's Department
970 Memorial Drive
St. Johnsbury, VT 05819
Phone: (802) 748-6666
Fax: (802) 748-1684
Sheriff James Hemond
Sheriff's biography is coming soon..
Caledonia County is situated along the Connecticut River in Northeastern sector of the state below Essex County. The County is 658 square miles with a population of approximately 31,166. The county Shire Town is St. Johnsbury. The county was given the Latin name for Scotland, in honor of the many settlers who claimed ancestry there.
Our Department's Historical Listing of Sheriffs'
Some of the older dates could be a year or two off.
- 1808-1813 - Israel Putnam Dana
- 1857 - Arenzo P. Wakefield
- 1858 - Werxes L. Stevens
- 1860 - Emerson Hall
- 1862 - William T. Trussell
- 1864 - Daniel Coffrin
- 1866 - David Trill
- 1868 - Nathan J. Pike
- 1870 - Chas. F. Weeks
- 1872 - Isaac M. Smith
- 1874 - William H. Preston
- 1921 - W.E. Worthen
- 1923-1948 - Frederick A. Flint
- 1949-1954 - Earl F. Daniels
- 1955-1970 - Carroll E. Lafoe
- 1971-1976 - Clement F. Potvin
- 1977-1982 - Russell C. Lowery
- 1983-1998 - Jeffrey N. Bitcon
- 1999-2011 - Michael H. Bergeron
- 2012-2023 - Dean R. Shatney
- 2023- James Hemond
Towns We Serve
- St. Johnsbury